Monday, January 9, 2012

Christmas Time

What better way to celebrate Christmas than with some cake!
I was asked to make a nativity cake showing Jesus' birth. I decided that instead of doing the stable etc I would do some of the figures who were involved in what happened that night. So most importantly we have Jesus, Mary and Joesph. Then I added the Angel who foretold the birth to the shepherds )which are symbolised with a sheep). I figured if I did the shepherds there would do zero room on the cake! I also put on the three wise men each bearing their gift. Lastly I put the star which the wise men followed that shone over the stable.
I wanted to find a way to show the star where it was meant to be...hello springy wire. I actually think it finished off the cake nicely as I have all the figures looking up at the star...and also the people eating the cake!

So here's my Nativity cake...



No comments:

Post a Comment