Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Blow Out The Candles

On Sunday it was my dad's birthday. So as I was still basking in the glow of my son's cake turning out ok I decided to make my dad a cake.
A few years ago (more than my dad would like to remember) my mum got my dad a cake made which featured him whizzing down a road in his yellow convertible. We all loved the cake and so did my dad. Since we, as adults, don't normally go all out on our cakes I thought I'd make him one to celebrate.

I wanted something which captured my dad. So I ended up with him sleeping in an airchair complete with his evening bagel, cup of tea, iphone...and even some wine gums for good measure! I wanted to find a way to put his age on the cake without putting it in a glaring way....so in comes the newspaper. I even added a little tribute to the best granda ever from my son Ben and my nephew Caleb.




No comments:

Post a Comment