Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Let Them Eat Cake!

So here I am taking a new little road in my life. First it was the cards which started many years ago...then the art...and the paper poppies which I seem to now be synonomus with. So from Lucky 7 Designs has sprouted Lucky 7 Cakes (see what I did there with the name...gold star coming my way!)

So how did my new path begin?...well let me tell you...

My little monster, Ben's birthday was coming up and he is really into (and I mean like all encompassing awe) this superhero called Ben 10. It's probably more the fact that the little boy is called Ben but he loves it. The problem is that Ben 10 hasn't really taken off as much here in Canada as it has in the UK and therefore finding Ben 10 stuff is a bit of a problem. So as you can imagine when my monster looked at me with his big blue eyes and asked for a Ben 10 cake my thought was 'oh crap'.

Last year we forked out the $40 for the store bought blue, purple and grey batman cake...all to get the toy on top...which broke 2 hours later. This year I was determined not to do this and I would, come hell or high water,make this cake.

We've all watched the shows...Cake Boss, Ace of Cakes, Cake Walk etc etc and marvelled at the masterful creations made out of fondant and modelling chocolate. We've all sat and thought that looks easy and we could totally do that....yeah...it's really not that easy. After my first cake is never to be spoken of again I eventually ended up with my son's birthday cake.

So...this is the cake...

No comments:

Post a Comment