Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Hello Kitty Cake

For my mum's birthday, I wasn't quite sure what kind of theme to make her birthday cake. I wanted to make it really fun and something she would love. My mum used to be a nurse but took a brief break to open a shop that sold Hello Kitty before it got to be really big and wasn't just sold at Sanrio stores anymore. I have loved Hello Kitty ever since I was 4 and we first went on a vacation to Florida. Imagine a fat kid in a candy store for the first time....I was a hyper child anyway so I have no idea how my parents tolerated me. Hello Kitty been a mutual love of ours for years since so I decided that was the cake to make my mum. Instead of using the trademark red that Hello Kitty is always seen in I decided to make her a little more summery as my mum's Birthday is in July. I decided to use yellow, white and pink fondant. Admittedly, as cute as Hello Kitty is...her head isn't the easiest shape to make...I am really happy with how she turned out though.

No comments:

Post a Comment