Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Jem and the Holograms Cake

So sorry it's been a while since I updated this...too long in fact. Life kind of got in the way however, the cakes were still being made. My best friend requested a while ago that instead of buying her a birthday present could I make her a cake. I agreed forgetting completely that her main loves in life aren't so simple to emulate in cake. She decided she wanted a cake of her favourite T.V. show from when she was a kid. I got to go very girlie with this cake as her favourite show is non other than Jem and the Holograms. Based on the fact that it is now 2012 and not 1985 I kind of made them how they would be now if they decided to reform (in the animated world)...chubby with not as big hair....which we both had a good laugh at. It was a lot of fun to make and I resisted the urge to completely paint their faces with sparkly food colouring. I did love the fact that I got to make them standing on top of a bright pink keytar...oh the joys of girlie cakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment